Volunteer and help your community
We are looking for volunteers from all backgrounds and of all ages across Oxfordshire. You need to have a desire to help, an ability to engage with people who may be distressed, participate in training and use a computer.
Our Volunteers give and gain a great deal. They love the fact that they are helping their community and meet so many different people. It also gives them experience in the charity sector, a sense of purpose and some move into paid roles.
We are indebted to our highly trained volunteers in Oxfordshire who support the delivery of our work. Last year our 670 volunteers:
Gave almost 2700 hours per week
Helped to resolve 87% of people’s issues
Contributed the equivalent value of £19,000 each week
Join us as an adviser or administrator, researcher, fundraiser, or to help with IT. Volunteer advisers spend 3 months in initial training (once a week) and then up to a further 9 months (if they wish) to enable them to deal with more complex cases.
Volunteers are asked to contribute 4-10 hours per week. They find the work challenging and satisfying – they help people resolve their problems or at least make progress in over three quarters of cases. Many volunteers stay for 5, 10 and even 20 years. Their expertise and commitment define the culture of our charity.
So many excellent reasons to volunteer with us
- Extensive training and support to ensure you have the knowledge to help people move forward
- Increased confidence and self-esteem through achieving positive outcomes for the community alongside a supportive team
- A sense of belonging to the community, built through working with local people from all backgrounds
- Contributing to improving the wellbeing of our clients, such as reducing social isolation, anxiety and stress
- Improved job market prospects, both in terms of finding employment and expected salary
- Opportunities for internal promotion, including leadership roles and paid positions